Thursday, August 03, 2006

Music...magic!

A few days ago a friend of mine said that every person is affected deeply by some kind of music. But that music may not have the same effect on another person. Though I did agree with her I couldn’t quite figure out what feeling she was talking about, but decided to pay more attention from next time. During the days after, I never heard anything that made me feel that way.

And then yesterday, I heard two completely different songs that made the hair on my arms stand up. I had heard both songs before but I guess I had never thought about how music affects me so hadnt paid attention to how I felt. But did I feel it! When you feel a song that way, you can almost feel something in your heart, dramatic as it may sound.

The first song was from a hindi soundtrack…called Jiya Dhadak Dhadak. What an amaaazing song. I had tears in my eyes and I don’t know why. The words in it are just how I would describe love. Tujhe dekh dekh sona, tujhe dekh kar hai jagna. Mujhko yeh zindagaani sang tere bitani. Tujhme basi hai meri jaan. So simple yet so wonderfully sweet. And the way it was sung…wooow!

The second song was from an album called ‘Vishwa Vinayaka’ and was called Ganeshaya dhimayi. Again…goosebumps! I’ve always loved mantras like that but this song just kind of floated into me and I couldn’t stop listening to it.

Two such different songs, yet the same effect. I cant scientifically explain the effects of music, but I’ve just been proven that there is magic in music. Magic that can lift spirits. When you are feeling low, doesn’t it sometimes feel that the song that came on the radio seemed to know exactly how you felt? But how? And listening to the song does burden the load on your heart. I cant explain it any other way apart from Magic!

No comments: