Sunday, December 03, 2006

Tere Bina

Dum dara dum dara mast mast dara
Dum dara dum dara mast mast dara
Dum dara dum dum...o humdum
Bin tere kya jeena

Tere bina beswadi beswadi ratiya..
Oh sajnaa...

My latest addiction among songs...from the genius of Rehman...(from the soundtrack of Guru for those who havent yet heard it)

Just cant stop listening to it…

The beauty of AR Rehman I think is that every time you listen to a song it grows on you more and more…I’m not quite sure how he does it. I mean with every other composer I either like a song or I don’t but with Rehman with every listening the song touches you deeper and deeper…how does he do it? And you never bore of his songs…you may put away an album for an year and when you take it out again you find something new in them. There seem to be so many layers to his songs that you peel away bit by bit.

Its been a long time since there’s been a Rehman album and the wait was worth it…Guru has beautiful songs with the exception of a couple (but I’m sure with a few more repitions of the CD I’ll love them too!). But the one song that really gets to you is Tere Bina…it touches your soul the moment the ‘dum dara dum’ starts and you cant say it’s the lyrics because obviously Dum Dara means nothing! That isn’t to say that the lyrics aren’t good…Gulzar is amazing as always…his words are enough to give you goosebumps by themselves!

As an aside…the last song I was in love with was called Tere Bin (from the album Bas Ek Pal) and this one is called Tere Bina…hmmm…

No comments: